It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Choking sensation/throat tightness - normal thyroid

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Suktanker
(female)

Suktanker HB User
Choking sensation/throat tightness - normal thyroid

About a month ago, I developed the feeling of something stuck in my throat which over the days changed as throat tightness. At that time, I also had muscular type pain in the middle of my upper chest and a small movable lump in between my collar bones. I immediately went to the doctor. He felt the upper chest area and my throat and ordered ultrasound of thyroid and TSH lab.

Thyroid is normal with a few nodules which are pretty small. EKG was normal and my doctor said the the chest pain must be muscular from lifting something.

The surgeon who did my ultrasound moved the probe on the area where there was lump but didnt see anything on the ultrasound. I also asked her to physically feel but she couldn't. I can only feel it to touch when I bend my neck.

Anyway, the throat tightness has varying degrees ranging from mild to moderate sometimes accompanied by heaviness in chest and upper abdomen. On some days, I don't feel it at all. Some days, the food-stuck sensation is there and some days, not. I have no trouble swallowing. I don't feel any obstruction when I eat and the feeling is almost non-existent for a few minutes after I wake up.

I dont know what it is but it surely is driving me crazy. Please help!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Choking sensation/throat tightness - normal thyroid

Do you suffer from anxiety? I have heard of many people who suffer from anxiety, with this particular symptom.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Suktanker
(female)

Suktanker HB User
Re: Choking sensation/throat tightness - normal thyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suktanker View Post
About a month ago, I developed the feeling of something stuck in my throat which over the days changed as throat tightness. At that time, I also had muscular type pain in the middle of my upper chest and a small movable lump in between my collar bones. I immediately went to the doctor. He felt the upper chest area and my throat and ordered ultrasound of thyroid and TSH lab.

Thyroid is normal with a few nodules which are pretty small. EKG was normal and my doctor said the the chest pain must be muscular from lifting something.

The surgeon who did my ultrasound moved the probe on the area where there was lump but didnt see anything on the ultrasound. I also asked her to physically feel but she couldn't. I can only feel it to touch when I bend my neck.

Anyway, the throat tightness has varying degrees ranging from mild to moderate sometimes accompanied by heaviness in chest and upper abdomen. On some days, I don't feel it at all. Some days, the food-stuck sensation is there and some days, not. I have no trouble swallowing. I don't feel any obstruction when I eat and the feeling is almost non-existent for a few minutes after I wake up.

I dont know what it is but it surely is driving me crazy. Please help!!!!

I have been overly worried about my health because something or the other has been happening over the last few month. I didn't have the right start to 2016. However, I do not get panic attacks or have obvious anxiety. I was feeling fine, happy, spending time with my family, working. I was quite alright and it started out of nowhere.

The following user gives a hug of support to Suktanker:
sweetpotato13 (04-29-2016)
Closed Thread