It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Not sure whats wrong with me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
    Mike P616
    (male)

Mike P616 HB User
    Not sure whats wrong with me

Hi everyone,

So to make a long story short...

In January 2016 I woke up with Tinnitus. I went to my ENT and they found no issues. I went to my primary doctor who thought I had TMJ from some tests she ran. I went to my dentist who agreed and also recommended braces.

I have anxiety and I put myself under a lot of stress. My left eye hasn't stopped twitching for a month and once in a while my tinnitus will spike in one ear for a few seconds and fade out.

I am worried that all this isnt related to TMJ, but maybe something different. My primary doctor and ENT keep saying the same thing about TMJ, but no real test are done.

Not sure what to do. My tinnitus has come down about 80-90%, but since I know its there I feel like I notice more and make it out to be more worrisome than it needs to be.

Anyone have any recommendations?

The following user gives a hug of support to Mike P616:
    SOE (06-08-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
    Erbse
    (male)

Erbse HB User
    Re: Not sure whats wrong with me

Sadly I don't have anything to recommend, but I also have tinnitus. It often happens when I worry or run down the stairs or stand up suddenly, starts in the left ear and keeps mind-numbingly ringing for a bit of time. I'd never thought about going to the doc for it, didn't even know it was called tinnitus before coming across this thread. Thanks for starting it and I hope there is nothing serious going on with you!

Old 05-10-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
    Mike P616
    (male)

Mike P616 HB User

Thanks. I hope so too! I know stress can do some crazy weird things with the body, but this is crazy. That is good that your Tinnitus doesn't bother you. If you only get it once in a while it isn't anything to really worry about. I had it constantly all day that's why I went to an ENT to make sure my hearing wasn't going.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
    thekittyofcastl
    (female)

thekittyofcastl HB User

Try getting balance test with a doctor who treats perilymph fistula. There is a good one on the west coast and another in NJ. Good luck.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thekittyofcastl For This Useful Post:
    Erbse (05-20-2016),SOE (06-08-2016)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, stress, tinnitus, tmj