It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Help - Paining Crackling Noises around Nose

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
Witsend1
(female)

Witsend1 HB User
Help - Paining Crackling Noises around Nose

Hi, hoping someone can advise.

I think I have been experiencing what I beleive are sinus issues for almost a year. I have been to two ENT's and they put the flexi camera up my nose, advised a slight deviated septum and gave nasal drops.

I also had a CT scan was they said was clear, slight inflamation on the right sinus, but other than than cleat. My nose is rarely blocked but I have terrible crackling, popping behind my nose and it even seems to be above my palate. I get phlem/mucus at the back of my throat, often lumps of it, but not down my nose.

I have a constant pain up my right nostril.

The popping and crackling appears to be getting worse, almost a bone crunching sound. I often feel a painful pressure behind my nose or at the side of it, and then a horrible sensation of movement to releive the pressure.

I get headaches above my right eye and often feel like I have been hit on the right side of my nose. The cracking noises come from both sides of my nose.

I am now also experiencing tooth and gum ache, and woke last night to popping sounds in my mouth, almost above my palate, but cannot be sure.

My ears frequently feel full too. As I previously mentioned my nose is never blocked, and its not full of mucus, so in that respect I do not feel bunged up!

I dont know where to go from here, ENT told me there was nothing more he could do on the results of my CT scan.

Any advise/guidance would be very much appreciated - I am sick with worry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #2
Angels31
(female)

Angels31 HB User
I am going through a very similar situation. My doctor has done a culture and it came out with Klebsiella Oxytoca,mwhich is a really hard bacteria to get rid of. It is like a superbug. Also, I had two infected teeth from a bad root canal. I had both of them removed. They told me the roots were severed, infected and in my sinuses. However, I had the last one removed last November and still have sinus issues. I do have what feels like crust in my nose, maybe the bacteria. My cat scan also came out normal and nobody seems to take me seriously. I have been on so many antibiotics and nothing seems to work. Maybe you need have a culture and check your teeth. I am also at my wits end and not sure where to turn next.
My nose isn't clogged either, btw!

Last edited by Angels31; 06-02-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Reply Reply