It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Bacteria, virus, or allergies?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #1
bypeep
(female)

bypeep HB User
Angry Bacteria, virus, or allergies?

My ears and throat have been driving me nuts for months and I was hoping for some insight into what is goin on.

December: month long ear infection that didn't want to go away
January: weird allergy like symptoms. Uncontrollable sneezing, what felt like nightly colds but was fine upon waking, horrible dry mouth, running nose and itching nostrils, itching ears and throat.
February: weird blistering in mouth, constant dry mouth, feeling of swollen gland under jaw, throbbing ear canal, sore throat, itching throat, maybe a post nasal drip
March:sort of normal feeling, then a virus towards then end that me and hubby caught. Felt normal for a week or so max.
April: feeling of sore spot in left of throat, swollen patch near where left tonsil would be, swollen gland tender on left side again for a couple of weeks.
May: sort of normal at beginning then new sore throat, dry mouth again, sick in mid month with high WBC and sore throat, upper respiratory cold. Recovered and felt normal.
June: brother gave me and three others horrible sore throat that turned into bronchitis. Lingered for ten days until I broke down and went to Drs. Gave me antibiotics. sweet relief. All symptoms went away including swollen gland, sore throat, swollen feeling areas in throat. Felt better than I had since January.

Off antibiotics for a day and a half and now have a screaming sore throat on the other side from where it's been and feels like it started in rear nasal passages on right. left side feels great now. Right is on fire from nasal passage to behind tongue.

What on earth is causing this? Is this because I am not on antibiotics anymore or because of pollen or what. I'm so tired of this bouncing around sore throat and phlegm and thick feeling discharge from rear nasals. I feel like I can't get a break.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
sore throat