It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Weird Occurrence kind of worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2016, 11:50 PM   #1
    Hyladner

Hyladner HB User
    Weird Occurrence kind of worried

So I usually don't post on these sort of websites but I can't see my GP till Thursday and would like to get a somewhat generalized answer to see what happened so here comes to story.

Two weeks ago I had a weird cold were my whole nose was blocked but I had no sore throat, it picked up quickly but hit me again on the weekend. By the next Monday I was fine but on Tuesday evening I had a very sore throat. On the Wednesday I was very throaty it sounded like I had tonsillitis even though I had my tonsils out years ago. I went to the doctor that Thursday and he said it was only something Viral. For the rest of Thursday, Friday,Saturday I started to get a little bit better but I did have blood in my phlegm and a very blocked nose and a severe cough and sounded like I had tonsillitis. Today however when on my laptop on the couch I started to have a small coughing fit nothing scary and I felt something big come up from my throat. Immediately I went into the bathroom sink and spat it out. It was a big lump of white,grey tissue? With bits of blood all over it, it felt spongy (gross I know I touched it). Immediately I could talk normally and my whole nose was unblocked, and my throat pain gone. I still have a little bit of a blocked nose but nothing anywhere on par with it before. I did try to get some of it in a jar to show the doctor and get some tests but it uhh fell down the drain.

A few things to note however. Around 6 years ago I did get a throat infection on the left over scar tissue from having my tonsils out and it was fixed using anti-biotics i'm not sure what else the problem is so if anyone might know it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread