It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Weird feeling when swallowing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2016, 12:05 AM   #1
    graceless king
    (male)

graceless king HB User
    Weird feeling when swallowing?

Hello everyone.

I'm a 22 year old girl and new to this forum. If there's something that I'm not supposed/supposed to do, please feel free to point it out.

Just a little thing in advance: My first language isn't English, so any grammatical or spelling mistakes can be made. Please bear with me.

A couple of weeks ago (about 3), I started noticing a strange feeling in my throat when swallowing. I wasn't particularly having trouble swallowing, but it felt like my throat shut itself or like there was something stuck. I figured this was a globus caused by anxiety, since I had been worried about my health for a while, and decided to ignore it.

However, even now, I sometimes get this feeling. Moreover, I feel like it moved to a place lower in my throat. It's hard to describe, and I don't really know myself. My throat feels tight, and it seems like there's something stuck, but I can't say where exactly. Besides, when drinking things, it always felt as if the liquid was going down the windpipe, and it was annoying. I'm kind of fearing for ALS, although chances of someone as young as me dealing with this are slim.

Is there anyone else who may have dealt with similar things? Or someone who could perhaps help me out. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread