It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

used prescribed ear drops & ear closed & I lost hearing

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
Dbees
(female)

Dbees HB User
Please help. prescribed ear drops took my hearing, equilibrium & clogged ear

I had an ear infection. No big deal. Went to my doctor, who prescribed antibiotics & ear drops. I went home & used the ear drops....my ear clogged shut (with pressure, equilibrium all messed up and hearing loss) almost immediately after using ear drops. Turns out the ear drops are octotoxic & ENT believes I'd had a perforated eardrum. But she (ENT) will not listen or accept that ear drops caused this, even though it was almost instantaneous after using drops. She sent me for hearing test, which all she said was that there was large gap in hearing. She told me to come back in two months. It's been 1 month & no change. Family doc thinks the drops couldn't have gotten in the small hole of a perforation & he thinks a vital infection attacked my ear. I just read about Valtrex....should I have been prescribed this? I am scared. I have lost my independence (and horrid anxiety now) as I can't drive with balance off. Balance part has improved some, but I feel so very "off" and the hearing loss is significant. Any ideas? I need help.

Last edited by Dbees; 07-11-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: need to ask for feedback

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply