It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Burst eardrum and impacted earwax Help!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
    coasterloopy
    (male)

coasterloopy HB User
    Burst eardrum and impacted earwax Help!

Hi, I am fairly certain that I have a ruptured eardrum, but I also have impacted earwax. What do I do? It started on Friday night when I put too many ear drops in my ear before bed to clear some wax, I used more than I should have. I lay in bed with the affected ear towards the ceiling and later on I had a slight pain in the ear and the ear drops went further down into my ear. When I got up in the morning I had blood in my mouth which I spat out, it was only a small amount but it was bright red. My ear would not clear or drain after this and it now feels as though the ear is underwater with muffled hearing. To try to clear it I had a bath and put my head under water, (just water, no bubble bath), but it still didn't clear. I also put in some more ear drops, trying to clear it. But I was worried so I went to A and E and saw the nurse there. I told her what had happened and I thought I had ruptured my eardrum. She had a look and because it turns out there is a lot of impacted wax in that ear, she could not see the eardrum to check it's condition. I mentioned about the blood also but she didn't comment on that. She said the drops that had not drained out would be somewhere in the wax. She said to carry on with the drops, 4 times a day and then in 5 days to see my GP to check if the earwax was softening. I asked about the eardrum and she said she could not see it, she was more concerned about the wax removal. So I followed advice, put more drops in but they are making my ear painful. I am very scared, because I don't want to be putting ear drops in my ear if the drum is perforated. I don't want an infection in there. But if the eardrum is damaged and it can't be seen what do I do? The wax needs to come out but my ear can't be treated for that if the drum is already damaged. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply