It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Physical or mental illness?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
craziianxeity
(female)

craziianxeity HB User
Physical or mental illness?

Hi everyone. I am 22 years old female, and I have always felt depressed, scared, and had anxiety since I was 14. It has stopped for a while and came back now. My panic attacks have been out of control and would last me all day. I feel good when I wake up and feel good when I go to bed. However, the panic/anxiety attack comes around 2:00 and end around 8:00 on a daily bases.

To make a long story short, I am confused if I have something physically wrong or mentally. What triggered me was about 3 weeks ago, I itched my neck and found a lump. I checked it out 4 days later. The doctor told me it seems to be near the thyroid and it should further be checked. So I went for an ultrasound on the same day and everything in my neck area looked normal. The doctor calls me to confirm the results and told me my right sternocleidomastoid muscle is larger than the left and it's not concerning. So the results gave me peace of mind but I am still convinced something is wrong. I still get dizzy/vertigo spells and irregular heartbeats. I also feel something inside my right ear, like occasional popping sounds. I had fall season allergies starting in mid August and it ended 3-4 weeks after when I decided to take Claritin. I only took Claritin for two days and allergies symptoms have completely went away. This was about 2 weeks ago.

So my allergy symptoms went away but my ear occasional ear popping has continued but it is not so bothersome. The only thing that is bothering me is the dizzy spells and feeling lightheaded. I also get HOT FLASHES from neck up. I am thinking early menopause but then I am also thinking something more serious such as illness. When I feel like this, I get nervous and anxious. My body temp has been 97.7 lately and usually I am 98.7 so that also alarmed me. During my dizzy spell today, I started to hyperventilate and couldn't catch my breathe. This lasted for about 3 hours but it felt like ALL day. Then when I was driving to class, I was crying out loud. I kept having cry spells all day.

Anyone have an idea what may be causing the right ear popping, right side enlarged sternocleidomastoid muscle, dizzy spells, irregular heartbeats, hot flashes from the neck up, low body temperature (97.7), and chills?
I am going crazy and I scared for my life to get checked again. I am convinced I am dying. Today I almost took myself to the hospital...

Last edited by craziianxeity; 09-27-2016 at 08:06 AM. Reason: UPDATE:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply