It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Chronic tonsillitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
    Cazzy85
    (female)

Cazzy85 HB User
    Chronic tonsillitis

Hi all, I'm just wondering what ongoing symptoms people had when they were experiencing chronic tonsillitis?? I seem to get to two weeks after my antibiotics and just flare up again!! And did any of you keep active whilst going through this?? I am a keen gym goer but I feel more drained after each work out! (On the waiting list to see ENT)! Thanks in advance for any help/info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Chronic tonsillitis

Hi...the best you can do is get them out and don't accept a doctor saying tough it out or we don't like to take them out, etc. Constant infections are bad for the body with sometimes long lasting issues.

In the meantime, try not to overdo at the gym...it can be the tipping point for lowering your resistance to other viruses, infections, etc. One thing I strongly suggest is probiotics....really good ones to keep your gastro system in good balance, especially with you having infection you swallow and from being on antibiotics.

As well, i suggest really good mouth hygeine. Change toothbrushes every month and especially after a tonsil infection, brush your tongue and use a scraper, and floss twice daily.

Have you had your vitamin d checked? Are you taking any supplements?

Hang tough....i wish I had my tonsils out when I had tonsilitis (i should have pushed for it). While I haven't had one infection in 30 years, i have constant tonsil stones or guck that I have to clean out daily. Use the defense that constant antibiotics are harmful on your gastro tract, you can end up having a superbug, and that constant infection can do lasting to your heart, lungs, and body in the future.

How long have you been waiting for the ENT appt?

q

Last edited by quincy; 10-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
    Cazzy85
    (female)

Cazzy85 HB User

Hi, thanks very much for taking the time to give some sound advice I've been having troubles on and off for about a year now, but it was maybe every 3 or 4 months and now it's more a case of just getting over it and it's back again, I just feel so run down with it! The last two doctors I've seen have both said I would benefit now getting them removed, so I'm hoping that ENT are on the same page as them lol! I've been taking vitamin c and b12 and yakult the last few weeks! I'm only a month into being referred so I think it can be up to 12 weeks before seeing them! And then we will see what happens from there! I had all my bloods done just 2 weeks ago, as they thought it might be glandular fever, as it had went on a some time and my glands were so sore but all came back ok and the doc said all markers are sitting where they should be! So yes I'll be hanging tough 😀 C

Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Good to hear it's already been confirmed you are at the point to get them out....and that you were checked out further regarding glandular fever. Hopefully you will have the appt sooner than later, for ut sucks to wait such a long time while suffering.

I would suggest to get copies of all your blood testing results. Make sure your vitamin d has been checked...important since most of us are low in it.

Let us know when you have your appt, rest well and dont overdo since flu season is soon upon us. Maybe an immune support such as beta glucan can be of help? I use the sisu brand.

q

Closed Thread