It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Dark coloration on side of tongue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #1
    BatemanX
    (female)

BatemanX HB User
    Dark coloration on side of tongue

I am thinking of going for a walk in appointment today because of this. I am a 25 y/o female and I just happened to notice yesterday that there are several dark spots along the side of my tongue on the left side as well as two others that are slightly lighter at the tip or my tongue and the other on the right side.When I say dark, I dont mean black or red, more grey It almost looks like bruising. Its almost in a line running down the side, but I can see that there are spots. on reaallly close inspection I can see it on the tastebuds. I am generally starting to flip out because I am a bit of a hypochondriac. I did bite my tongue two days ago on that side but I didn't think it was that severe. Ive also been having skin problems mostly around my moth and chin, Im thinking eczema/food allergy. The skin gets really dry and flaky, cracks... pretty gross I know. Just any idea what this could be, Ive spent the last couple hours wracking my brain the past couple hours over this

Last edited by BatemanX; 11-04-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Dark coloration on side of tongue

Make an appointment with your dermatologist and get the skin issues checked and bring up the tongue if it's still there.

q

Old 11-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
    BatemanX
    (female)

BatemanX HB User

I am going in today in about an hour, its not a dermatologist but a general doctor but as for now thats my primary concern. I will bring up the skin as a side note. I am about to have a massive here. Work was rough. The fact that I am a smoker worries me. I know I know. I think this is the time to quit but hopefully it will not be in vain. Any other ideas on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...how did the appointment go, and any insight into what's possibly going on with yiur tongue?

q

Closed Thread