It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Tonsillectomy Nightmare

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
    DirtyLibrary
    (male)

DirtyLibrary HB User
    Tonsillectomy Nightmare

So I had my tonsils out on the 6th November and today is day 3 of recovering. By recovering, I mean having one of the worst things happen to you.

Day 1 and 2 was a walk in the park, the pain killers must have been stuck inside me from surgery and I was ok. Today I've woke up feeling sick, my throat is inflamed and I tried to manage toast and it wouldn't go down and I kept choking. Even drinking is hurting, cool or warm drinks. I know I've got a while to go yet, but does anyone have any tips on ways to ease the pain? I've got codeine and paracetamol and Dyflam mouth wash. Yet they are proving useless. I'm sleeping in 30 min intervals, but keep waking up choking on my own Saliva or Phelgm. *cries*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Tonsillectomy Nightmare

Call your doctor and ask for further advise.
    I would assume that the pain would be severe for up to a week.
    Maybe try soft foods such as soft boiled or scrambled egg, soups that have been blended with a blender or hand blender, mashed potatoes, salmon, really soft veggies, apple sause, protein drinks, ice cream, ....
    Using a straw for drinks might help regarding swallowing.

Call the doctor's office and let them know for sure. Hopefully, they will give you options that will ease your mind.

Feel better soon!

q

Old 11-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
    dmbcjb
    (female)

dmbcjb HB User
    Re: Tonsillectomy Nightmare

I am on day 5 and I feel for you. I could not sleep and woke up feeling like I could not catch my breath. It is to get better and it does but not much. Yesterday, I had a good day and now today, I am in pain. The only thing they told me to take is Tylenol and Ibuprofen. It works but not for long. It huts to eat anything warm, hot, and there are times it just hurts to swallow. I am now coughing and have some white stuff coming out. I am not sure if that is a process of scabs or what so I am not much help for you but to tell you. Honestly, it will get better. By the way I am 46 years old.

Closed Thread