It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Red bumps on the back of my throat ! HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
    wrka123
    (female)

wrka123 HB User
    Question Red bumps on the back of my throat ! HELP

Hey, i really need help! I have multiple red bumps on the back my throat, and hurts when I swallow, I did have body aches, fever, and I felt like i was in a bubble lol! I googled it, and it said i have throat herpes.... I don't have throat herpes, I have only been with one person sexually! I did go to the hospital but they did't do anything, they basically said there's nothing wrong, clearly there is! I'm thinking it can be pharyngitis but then again i'm not a doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Red bumps on the back of my throat ! HELP

Some sort of virus probably. Try gargling with warmsalt water and see if that helps any.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
    spiracle
    (female)

spiracle HB User
    Re: Red bumps on the back of my throat ! HELP

Hi wrka123,

IME red bumps at the back of the throat can appear whenever the throat is inflamed or irritated -- so it could for example be due to the cold/flu virus or another virus which will pass by itself in time. For me, I also get this when I'm having a slight allergy to something in the environment, in which case taking an antihistamine helps.

Has it lasted for long? If it's been more than a couple of weeks without improvement then I'd go to your GP and ask about it. Have your body aches and fever passed? If so, normal at-home treatments for sore throat may help, e.g. sore throat lozegnes, warm tea with honey, gargling with warm salt water, and paracetamol/tylenol. Plus lots of hydration and rest. I hope it resolves soon by itself, or otherwise that your GP can help you figure out what's wrong

Closed Thread

Tags
    red bumps, sick....please help, sore throat