It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Ear clogged after starting drops (post infection)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
    VeeW
    (male)

VeeW HB User
    Ear clogged after starting drops (post infection)

Background:
    Last week, I had a fungal ear infection in my right ear that I am pretty sure came from using ear buds. Mainly I was very lackadaisical about throwing them on the table, in my gym bag, and various places without giving thought to the hygienic implications of sticking those things back into my ears.....Doh!

I went to the ENT and he had me lay down. He cleaned both of my ears with a suction vacuum (ear wax removal) as well as removed the stuff that was causing the infection.
    When I got off of the table my equilibrium was wildly off for a few minutes but my ear and hearing felt great.

He prescribed some medicated ear drops to kill off any remnants of the fungus.

I left happy.

Issue:
    Since the first time I used the ear drops, it's as if my ear has been clogged worse than when I left. Not totally clogged, but very noticeable.

I laid on my side to put the ear drops in. The medication just sat there and did not seem to go ^^down into^^ my ear canal. After awhile (10 minutes) I sat up and soaked up the run off with a tissue (so the ear drops wouldn't run down my face).

Anyway, after this my ear has felt clogged ever since.
    The only way I can describe it is like I don't feel "even". Also, if I scratch my head it sounds as if I have my hand covering my ear when I scratch it (I can hear it loudly inside).

After the first use, I've watched various videos and saw lots of information on the web about the best ways to apply ear drops (pulling ear up and back, etc) and some of the medication is able to go down the ear canal but I still have this fullness/clogged feeling in the ear.

Any idea if this passes or if there is something I can do about this? It's been 5 days since starting the ear drops.

Thanks!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-20-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread