It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• PLF - PAIN & vertigo 4 months post repair ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
    DizzyinNY
    (female)

DizzyinNY HB User
    Unhappy PLF - PAIN & vertigo 4 months post repair ??

Hello, I am in need of any information or research and hoping someone here may be able to help me.
    I was in a car accident that caused several injuries and persistent dizziness. Over a year later a surgeon opened my ear, found an oval window fistula and repaired it with a graft. Was hopeful for a recovery, but got much worse post op and 4 months later am still trying to recover.
    PT has gotten me back on my feet, but the vertigo is still worse than before surgery. I also get queasy very frequently now, hear a click/pop sound with loud noises, am even more sound sensitive than before (even to my own voice?!) and lastly, but far from the least, I have had DAILY inner ear pain since a couple days post op. Every day for 4 months now. It has always been in the same exact spot as I felt pressure after surgery if I leaned forward or bent over. It can be slightly sharp pain that radiates into a larger area that aches, or a general ear ache but with more discomfort emphasized in that same original spot.
    My well respected surgeon insists he's never had a patient get worse after surgery, and says there is no reason for the pain. I can't find a single article online referring to either a worsening of symptoms or of pain like this after a repair surgery.
    I'm desperate to find a cause to treat.
    Has anyone ever heard of or read anything about worse symptoms post repair ? Most importantly of this pain after repair ?
    Thank you in advance for ANY help or insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
    DizzyinNY
    (female)

DizzyinNY HB User
    Re: PLF - PAIN & vertigo 4 months post repair ??

No one ? Still can't find an explanation for the inner ear pain =(

Closed Thread

Tags
    ear pain and pressure, perilymph fistula, vertigo