It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Crackling in Ear after a month of ear blocked

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #1
    dinopab0109
    (male)

dinopab0109 HB User
    Crackling in Ear after a month of ear blocked

I had one of the worst colds of my life from november of 2016 to january of 2017. During which i was diagnosed with otitis media due to vary hard nose blowing :P . For 25 days i had bad hearing and then my ear returned to normal hearing. But due to otitis media i have got some issues which still bother me..They are as follow-
    1- Constant crackling on swallowing.
    2- Tinnitis which has reduced to good extent.
    3- I had this werid feeling when i bended down during december ..that i felt water flowing in ear. This has reduced to extent that it is barely noticable but then the hearing used to get bad and muffeled when i bended down during december. Now its not like that but i do experience a tiny hearing change when i bend down but that too is noticable only if i bend down and strike my teeths together to check inner hearing otherwise its not noticable.

So in short some of the issues are still around after the december period. I have went to multiple ents and Gp all of them said that i dont have infection but i blew my nose way hard that it lead to mucus getting into my ear...which i agree because i did blow my nose too hard. So can anyone please help me with my problem, its slowly improving but sometimes i get depressed due to problem. I never experienced anything like this before, never had infections whole life..i am 20 but suddenly life decided to give a shock to me . Anyhow i hope to get a reply soon on why my ear crackles and is my otitis media going away??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Crackling in Ear after a month of ear blocked

Yes, I do think that the cracking indicates that it's getting better!!

Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #3
    dinopab0109
    (male)

dinopab0109 HB User
    Re: Crackling in Ear after a month of ear blocked

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
    Yes, I do think that the cracking indicates that it's getting better!!
    Thank you for the quick reply! Let me update you on my state. i have no pain,No hear loss, no sensation of fluid moving in my left ear but negligible sensation in right ear which is also going away. Crackling is still there. Doctor says its the eustachian tube opening that u hear as a crackle. The tube has become sticky according to them due to allergy i developed this year. But they say it will go away! Can i expect this crackling to go away at the end of this year?

Closed Thread

Tags
    cold, crackling sound