It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• clogged ear won't pop, so desperate - please help!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
    Mom2vin
    (female)

Mom2vin HB User
    clogged ear won't pop, so desperate - please help!

Hi. I am not trying to be dramatic here but I have honestly never been this scared about my health in my whole life. I got back from a trip (on plane) from Arizona the 1st of February and didnt realize until about a week after I got home that my right ear was feeling a little muffled. It just felt like it needed to pop. It has gotten a little worse and feeling pressure now. Since then I have seen two doctors-1 of them an ENT and the other was just a family doctor. I have taken Flonase (and tried 3 different methods using it that I found on the internet for clogged Eustachian tubes). I took a 10 day taper of prednisone. I have tired all of the obvious to pop my ears like swallowing, swallowing with nose plugged, valsalva maneuver (which wont unclog my ear enough). I even bought an ear popper. I have tried a neti pot, I've sat in the steam room at my gym, I tried peroxide, I've tried this method of breathing in through right nostril and out through left nostril, I've tried decongestants, I've tried literally everything I can find to get some relief and none of it has worked. My ENT doctor did a pressure test and a hearing test and both came out normal. I am supposed to have a CT scan next week. I will say that I am sooo grateful that I don't hear any ringing. I am PETRIFIED that this will escalate to tinnitus or that no doctor will find out what is going on and will have this the rest of my life. It has been over a month of this and I am absolutley miserable. I am 25 years old and the mother to the sweetest little boy ever and it's breaking my heart that I can't be my best for him. Please please please if you have any suggestions or success stories or anything that could help me cope, I would be so grateful. I have never written anything on here but seeing all the nice people responding to other threads I had to see if someone had any advice. Thanks so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
    chill2000
    (female)

chill2000 HB User
    Re: clogged ear won't pop, so desperate - please help!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I see you posted this awhile ago. Is there any improvement? I also lost 30% hearing in my right ear from an ear infection. I'm devastated because I've NEVER dealt with ear problems in my life! I've heard & read a lot about how well Chiropractors can resolve this problem. They have procedures to effectively open the Eustachian tube & make it pop open. Call around to a few in your area to see if they are skilled in that procedure. Post again & report your progress. BLESSINGS!!!

Old 05-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
    ohmit89
    (male)

ohmit89 HB User
    Re: clogged ear won't pop, so desperate - please help!

I had this problem before I ended up taking antibiotics to deal with a residual bacterial infection and I used the Neilmed rinse to clean out my sinuses twice daily to make sure they are cleared at least twice a day. I made the saline run from the nose and let it come out my mouth so the back of the eustachian tubes are cleaned. The only thing that helped me pop my ears at the end is the otovent balloon. I'm no doctor but this helped me. I was very depressed at the time but I'm all free from ear fullness now!

Reply Reply