It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Laryngospasm - Waking up unable to breathe?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
    crl
    (male)

crl HB User
    Laryngospasm - Waking up unable to breathe?

I have had a high number of colds over the last few months, which has resulting in having a continuous cough for around 4 months also a lot of mucus which is always in the back of my throat. I have been to my doctors a number of times given anti-biotics and steroids which has made no difference. The doctor is stating that because it is likely to be a virus it is just a matter of time before my condition improves.

This week I have caught yet another cold and my chest and throat feels even fuller of mucus which will not shift. Yesterday I had a strange breathing attack while I was sleeping I was unable to breathe and I was making a very strange noise attempting to breathe, this was very frightening and lasted around a minute until I started to breath ok again. I went to the emergency clinic and they thought I had restricted airways and I was given an inhaler pump (brown).

After looking into my condition I found that my problem is identical to a condition know as "Laryngospasm" the description of what I experienced is 100% the same.

My question is if anyone else has suffered with Laryngospasm from the result of a cold or virus, did the Laryngospasm episodes pass when the virus went out of your system?

I am going to see my doctor later this week and I doubt if they have heard of this symptom because it is relatively rare.

I am now frightened to go to sleep in case it happens again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply