It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Ear wax that needs cleaning

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
liz8100
(female)

liz8100 HB User
Ear wax that needs cleaning

I have a hearing disability so I've got an audiologist. She tells me I got hard ear wax that needs to be cleaned out. My primary doctor disagrees. She does see wax but not so much that needs cleaning out. I am deaf in that ear anyway (since birth) and it doesn't hurt but my audiologist still wants my ear cleared out. Going to an urgent care place is always a pain unless it's an emergency because of insurance (they suck with insurance) and I don't want to go to an ENT dr just to get my ear cleaned. I don't have an ENT doctor and I think it's ridiculous to go in and fill out "new patient" forms just to get my ears cleaned when I'm probably going to be there once or very rarely. So other than cleaning it out myself, I don't know what to do. Anyone ever been in this situation? My audiologist keeps driving me crazy about this even though my doctor said it's not anything to worry about unless my ear hurts, which it doesn't. She said she can't see my eardrum though my doctor didn't say anything about not being able to see the eardrum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
rebecca70
(female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User
Re: Ear wax that needs cleaning

Hydrogen peroxide drops in the ear about three times a day for three or four days will soften the wax and may help to dissolve it .However, it may also bleach the eardrum.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Ear wax that needs cleaning

I go every 6 months to an ENT to get mine cleaned out. It's really no big deal. Go get it done and she'll leave you alone about it....until it builds up again.

Reply Reply