It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Hearing/Ear Problems Following Recovery from Hardcore Cold

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
    hoveringsombero

hoveringsombero HB User
    Question Hearing/Ear Problems Following Recovery from Hardcore Cold

Hello everyone. I'm very new to a board like this, so please let me know if I do something wrong. I really need an opinion or something.

For about, I'd say, six weeks (it was three weeks when I saw the doctor) I had been struggling to get over a cold. At the three week marker I saw a nurse who worked after hours at my doctor's office. I told her my symptoms (post nasal drip, shortness of breath, fullness in ear and muffled hearing, a cough that was incredibly severe), and she prescribed amoxicillin and a steriod.

It didn't seem to make much of a difference at first, but gradually I started recovering. My cough is a lot less severe now, I'm still short of breath a bit, dealing with mucus; however, my biggest problem has been my ears.

The ear problem started on one side and then my other ear started doing the same thing around the time I saw the nurse. The other ear is the first one that started popping however, and I can actually hear out of it now! Still a bit muffly but definitely better. My other ear hasn't popped or make crackling sensations, and my hearing is so bad in it that if I want to hear something on my laptop with my earbuds, I have to turn it up almost to 100! Obviously something isn't right.

The lymph nodes under my jaw have been swollen as of late and I have been having teeth trouble (I have dental problems). I'm concerned that it has been turned into something severe.
    Has anyone had a similar experience, or maybe know what's going on? I just need something. I haven't had an ear infection like this in years (I think I was a preteen when it happened, and I'm 20 now.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    ear infection, ears, hearing loss in one ear, infection