It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Sinuplasty

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
    snvaldes
    (female)

snvaldes HB User
    Post Sinuplasty

I think more information is needed on Balloon Sinusplasty because I remember I was looking around and found SUCH conflicting information. Just a preface about me, I am NOT an anxious person at all and have a very high pain tolerance meaning I feel pain don't get me wrong but can grit through it for a bit. The reason I got this was I couldn't breathe even with nasal sprays and would always sniffle. Not to mention my breathing at night was not good. It got so bad that people at the office joked I was snorting. So here goes my experience. I wanted to do in-office because I wanted to save money. Let me tell you, they only use Tetracaine for numbing. They insert gauze soaked in it into your nose and let it sit there for a while then go further after that and soak for a while. After that they have to break through your sinus cavity. All of this you really only do feel pressure so you think "ok I can handle this no biggie." The issue though comes when they insert the scope and balloon. For me I kept hearing them say man it's so tight here. So perhaps my passageways were more narrow than some. When he blew up the balloon they had to do it 2x because the first time it wouldn't expand all the way since it was so tight. When they go above the eyes THERE IS NO NUMBING REACHED THERE. You will feel pain. It's weird pain too it's not like a shot pain or cramps or something like that it's a deep pressure nerve pain. I had to grit my teeth and clench my body and take deep breaths when they inserted the balloon. Then when they made a passage into my right side cavity I have a PARTIAL deviated septum so he warned me it wasn't going to feel good. I actually did let out a groan so to speak. He did marvel though that I acted really calm for this thing. Afterwards, the amount of bleeding you have is INCREDIBLE! I went through a whole box of tissues in two days. I can't stress this enough. GET your pain pills and take them ASAP after the surgery. When I was done it hurt and I felt beat up but I was "ok". However, we had a long drive home in traffic and the pharmacy was by home so my poor husband had to endure me being emotional and in pain yelling at him to hurry. Half way through the pressure started THROBBING and my throat for some reason WAS No idea why. I immediately jumped into a hot bath and just soaked my face in it . I took two pain pills and THANK GOD in 30 minutes I was better. So if I took these pain pills initially when I was done (two) I would have prevented that nightmare drive home. SO that is my ultimate advice. You will wake up SO congested and snot everywhere the next morning even if you sit up all night. It will feel like the worst head cold you have had. I took another pain pill that day but that was it. I am now day 4 and STILL have bad congestion and blood coming out so it's a process I tell you. I can feel more air coming and and out of my nose so that's a plus it just immediately fills with fluid so I believe when all of this is settled down I will feel better. My other concern now is the side that had my deviated septum the bone protrudes a little more from the side of my nose now than the other side which I HOPE it will go back but only time will tell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply