It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• ENT quick referral, not sure why..

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
    Pj2904
    (male)

Pj2904 HB User
    ENT quick referral, not sure why..

Hi

I went to my GP on Tuesday with long-standing symptoms. The main ones are sore stiff neck which is uncomfortable when you look down or up and it's stiff to move side to side, a semi dry cough, watering eyes and a itchy burning sensation in my throat which comes and goes. I've been suffering with these symptoms for about two and a half months now after being diagnosed with a viral cough has lasted quite a while before subsiding a little. Anyway doctor ordered blood tests and a chest x-ray which I went to the following day. I had a missed call from the doctor late Friday and it was too late to call back when I realised so I plan to call back Monday however today two letters arrived from my local hospital outlining a outpatients appointment with a member of the ENT consultancy team this coming Friday. So I'm guessing something may have shown up on the chest x ray around the throat area or something in my bloods I don't know exactly what my GP requested but they took 5 viles from me.

Naturally I am a bit worried not having had any feedback before reading the letters and just thought I post here not for fake reassurance but just to see what people think. I can't help thinking the worst even more so because I had testicular cancer 6 years ago which has been fine ever since. When I know more I will update this post many thanks for reading

Last edited by Pj2904; 06-17-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Incomplete

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
    Queenie99

Queenie99 HB User
    Re: ENT quick referral, not sure why..

Call your GP on Monday and ask about your results and why referred to ENT. Having this information might better prepare you for your ENT appointment. Good luck.

Reply Reply