It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Tonsil stones and sore throat?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Tonsil stones and sore throat?

I have allergies and I have been having post nasal drip going on for the past few weeks. About 8 days ago, I developed a sore throat. Today, I had a tonsil stone come up out of no where. I get these things occasionally and I can usually see them but apparently this one, I couldn't see. I'm wondering if a tonsil stone can cause a sore throat? The stone finally came out, but seeing though it was there for 8 days is it unreasonable to think that the sore throat should instantly go away when the stone came out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
Sally013
Inactive
(female)

Sally013 HB User
Re: Tonsil stones and sore throat?

I don't know about he sore throat but it seems possible. I used to get tonsil stones frequently until I was reading up on another condition I have and found out about K12 and oral probiotics. There are some studies that say taking the probiotics can decrease common ear, nose and throat symptoms by 40% to 90%. Since I started taking them I haven't had any tonsil stones. It didn't help my ear fullness. The blocked sinus behind my nose has went away but I don't know if that was due to the probiotics or not. I also started splint therapy for TMJ.
I got the probiotics on Amazon. I can't remember the name but it was in a blue/green and white bottle and they are chewable.

Reply Reply