It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

retracted ear ... (allergist) ... not a retracted ear ... (ENT Dr) ...who to believe?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
retracted ear ... (allergist) ... not a retracted ear ... (ENT Dr) ...who to believe?

My allergies give me a fit off and on. I went to an Allergist last year because of ear pain/fullness/pressure. I was told that I had a retracted ear drum I think it was...and was told it was due to allergies and to take this and that....when I went to the ENT to get my ears cleaned out, he said I had no ear retraction, cleaned my ears and sent me on my way. Now, I have been dealing with that same ear....went to the ENT...had them cleaned out again because he said they were both impacted with wax and that allergies had nothing to do with the build up that some people just get that way. I told him that the same side my ear that was bothering me the most, I have now had a sore throat most time I swallow and he also said it wasn't ear related. Sometimes when I swallow, my throat on that side doesn't hurt, but sometimes it does. I don't know what to think. I feel drainage going down my throat at times. I take Claritin, I'm not sure its even helping and I do that XClear nasal spray which is an all natural spray. The one ear is still bothering me with the sore throat and my ears still feel full and pressure at times. Any suggestions on who to believe or what I should do? My one sided sore throat is going on day 16 now.

Last edited by smokeymtnrain; 07-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply