It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Question on the nasal spray XLear

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
    smokeymtnrain
    Veteran
    (female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
    Question on the nasal spray XLear

I have been using the all natural nose spray XLear for my allergies. Has anyone who have used it, ever experience nose bleeds with it? It does burn a bit but I just thought that was normal. Anyway when I spit, (not all the time) I see a tiny twinge of blood when I spit out the drainage or mucus. Like I said not every time I spit, but some of the times. I thought it was coming from my throat, but when I blew my nose, I saw blood there so I'm assuming the burning caused the nose to bleed? Or could it be polyps? Having a hard time getting allergies under control. I do have left ear pressure and have had that off and on for over a month. ENT Dr said he didn't see anything in node or throat, but he has been wrong with me before. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
    freeyourmind555
    (female)

freeyourmind555 HB User
    Re: Question on the nasal spray XLear

Hi YES!

I'm so GLAD this post exists!

In April, I had a TERRIBLE sinus infection so I ended up pumping Xclear Max strength in my nostrils to get some relief because NOTHING wasn't working.

After day 2 or so, I started feeling like the inner walls of my nose were super dry and whenever I'd blow my nose, blood would come out.

I ended up googling the #1 active ingredient in Xclear and it's Capsicum Annuum, which is actually a chili plant!

We were shooting chili juice up our noses! No wonder!

Since then, I've woken up with clear scabs and feeling like I need to put vaseline in my nose to make it feel hydrated.

I just shined my cell phone light up my left nostril and saw two things...

1. a small gash on the inner wall
    2. lots of redness and almost what looks like a popped blood vessel! It looks like it's on the verge of a nosebleed if I just touch it the wrong way!

"Note: You may experience a burning sensation associated with capsicum - that is normal."

Yes, it burns, but I didn't think it'd do permanent damage or take 2+ more months to heal.

I still wake up to scabs on the inside of my nose and it's painful to clear out.

Did this happen to you too?

Thanks for your posting!

Old 06-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Question on the nasal spray XLear

Have you tried a plain saline spray?

Reply Reply