It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Stuffy ears and ringing for 6 months

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Chronoboy
(male)

Chronoboy HB User
Stuffy ears and ringing for 6 months

Hi. My name is Will and I've had ear issues since I was a kid. I'm in my late 20s now and a few years back I had my ear tubes removed that I'd had since childhood, hoping it would improve my hearing which is about 60% of normal. The holes filled in but my hearing didn't improve. In the past year, I started having a lot more congestion than normal and a feeling of stuffiness. ENTs didn't see any infection, but put me on Flonase and daily Neti pot rinse and I tried an anti-inflammatory Ned for a while. Nothing really improved except my nose was less stuffy and then I started to have a constant ringing in my right ear. I've learned to ignore it, but it's always there. I also have a popping noise every time I extend my jaw as far as it can go. And if I move my jaw in a circular motion I get a sort of crunching noise behind my ear. There's isn't any pain but my ears can get a bit sore if I use a q-tip.
Most recently, I saw a new ENT who said there shouldn't be any pressure as there's still a pin-sized hole in my right ear drum. He used a scope through the nose and said it looked fine from behind. I then went in for an MRI which also came back fine. I have no idea what's going on! Starting to get disillusioned . If anyone has any idea what it might be or something that might help id greatly appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
MountainReader
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Stuffy ears and ringing for 6 months

There are multiple things that can cause your symptoms. I had a stuffy ear for over a year. Ringing in my ears at times. Turns out I had TMJD. The discs in my jaw had slipped and my jaw was pushed slightly back towards my ear. I didn't have any jaw pain, just the ear issues. With TMJD, the issues can be both the bite and the muscles that spasm and keep the jaw in it's bad place.

Reply Reply