It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Nose problems and tear ducts

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
    Tracyx4
    (female)

Tracyx4 HB User
    Nose problems and tear ducts

First of all, I'm 58 years old and have worn gas permeable contact lenses for about 40 years with no problem. I started feeling like I had something in one of my eyes. I also started having a lot of watering. One eye was worse than the other. At first I was told it was allergies. I was put on different eyes drops and nothing seemed to help much. Later, I was told that it looked like my tear duct was blocked. One eye is watering most of the time. The other one does occasionally. I have not worn my contacts in several months. I was sent to an Ophthalmic Surgeon, who specializes in reconstructive eye surgery. He was able to get water to go through my tear duct, but said there is probably narrowing of it, and that is why I'm having excessive eye watering. He gave me some cream to apply to the tear duct. He said if I was still having problems to come back in a couple of weeks and we would talk about possible surgery of inserting a stent into my tear duct to widen it. Has anyone had this surgery and was it successful? Can you feel the stent in your eye? Also, for a couple of years, I have had a lot of dryness in my nose, and have to daily clean out my nose (no details). Could this have anything to do with my tear duct, since they drain through your nose? Thanks for any advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply