It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Throat/"Tonsil" problems

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Jesslee1506
(female)

Jesslee1506 HB User
Throat/"Tonsil" problems

So.. I don't know where to begin. Back in January this year I started to suffer from tonsillitis. I had surgery on the 30th June to remove them. I had no problems and surgery seemed to be a success until the 6th week. I started to get swelling of two lumps (one on each side of my mouth where my tonsils would be) and saw a nurse practitioner who prescribed antibiotics, put it down to post surgery swelling. Saw a GP two weeks later who said the same thing and was prescribed more antibiotics. A week later again I go back with the same problem, the same nurse practitioner said the same thing. So I decided to give it some time. 4 months later this swelling hasn't gone down. But I've had about 3 weeks of pain when swallowing. My glands are forever swollen. I've had tests done for strep throats which have come back negative. Saw a nurse practitioner and a doctor who said it wasn't an infection and referred me back to ENT (still waiting for an appointment). I went to a walk in centre almost a week ago and was seen by a doctor who said it was another infection and prescribed antibiotics. However, the swelling is getting worse, I have little lumps at the back of my throat and my "tonsils" are massively swollen and my glands are horrendously swollen. Throughout this I have not presented with a temperature. Any ideas or has anyone dealt with a problem similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply