It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Can Eustachian Tube Disorder present with severe pain and normal hearing?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
    Nutation
    (female)

Nutation HB User
    Can Eustachian Tube Disorder present with severe pain and normal hearing?

Hi everyone,

I've been dealing with almost constant pain in both my ears for a week now. I was seen in Urgent Care convinced that I had two ear infections, where the doctor said he didn't see anything obvious but prescribed antibiotics anyway. After taking them for three days without any improvement in symptoms, I was seen by my primary care doc yesterday. She said that I probably had Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, prescribed nasal washes and told me to wait it out.

My symptoms have been constant, sharp, boring severe pain in both ears, mild ringing in both ears, and very occasional feelings of pressure. No real hearing loss or sensation of having liquid in my ear/being under water. Is this still possibly Eustachian Tube Dysfunction? My symptoms just don't seem to match what it is online, and I am in a lot of pain and do not want to do the "wait it out" approach if there is ANYTHING that can help faster. OTC pain relief does nothing for the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
    Nutation
    (female)

Nutation HB User
    Re: Can Eustachian Tube Disorder present with severe pain and normal hearing?

Any ideas? it's been two weeks now and I believe the pain has gotten mildly better, but it's still there all of the time and very distracting and worrisome for me.

Reply Reply