It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Constant nose blockages

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 AM   #1
Foxnet HB User
Constant nose blockages

Hi guys,

I'm having a really bad problem with my nose and that it constantly seems to feel dry on the inside and my mucus and bogies are hardening and won't budge, It makes my nose feel like it is constantly blocked and making it harder to breath. Sounds quite grim but I cannot reach my fingers in to remove the blockage as it feels so deep within my nose. When I can remove some it is often really hard, dry and sometimes has a bit of blood with it.

Is there ANY suggestion for clearing the inside of my nose?

It's becoming a real problem as it is affecting my sleep and makes me breath a lot louder which keeps my girlfriend awake.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-06-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 03-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Constant nose blockages

Try a sinus rinse system like NeilMed squeeze bottle before bedtime and in the morning.

I suggest you get an appt with an ENT, or at the very least ask your GP to send you for a sinus x-ray, and if somehhing is obvious with that or not...send you to an ENT who can do a visual scope.
It's possible you have a severe deviated septum or polyp.

Please keep us updated.
It's all a matter of perspective!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Constant nose blockages

You might also add the Breathe Right nasal strips at bedtime. They really help.And maybe a saline spray periodically during the day/

Reply Reply