It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Trouble Equalizing Ears

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
    Sasquatch254
    (male)

Sasquatch254 HB User
    Unhappy Trouble Equalizing Ears

Hello HB. I just recently got back from my spring break trip where I went scuba diving, but my diving trips, having a cold and allergies, and doing the 2 hour flight back home spelled trouble for my ear drums. Since coming home, I have attempted to treat my cold with an expectorant and nasal spray, which have improved my cold symptoms, but I am still having problems with my ears. I have tried the basic un-popping methods: Valsalva maneuver, swallowing hard, yawning, mints, etc. but my left ear refuses to unclear itself, while these methods seem to be only temporary fixes for both of my ears. I admit diving probably made my issue worse and blowing my nose wreaked more havoc on my ear drums, but I feel as if my ear drums should not be so resistant to my un-popping efforts. I am not concerned about developing a major problem with my ears, since I don't feel pain, but my inability to hear these past few days due to water and phlegm in the ears has drove me crazy. Does anybody have any recommendations here for clearing about the tubes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
    Sasquatch254
    (male)

Sasquatch254 HB User
    Re: Trouble Equalizing Ears

And by the way Iím new here

Reply Reply