It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Fever 19 days after t&a removal... infection?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
    hbock
    (female)

hbock HB User
    Fever 19 days after t&a removal... infection?

Hey everyone my daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed 19 days ago. She is 6 years old and has had a very rough few months. She caught a cold around new years and her tonsils swelled up. And after the cold went away the swelling never went down. It took almost 9 weeks of swelling before insurance would ok the surgery to removed them.
    After the surgery she had a very rough recovery, which her dr insisted was normal in her situation.. 3 days after the surgery she started running fevers that would get up to 100.5 and 100.6 inbetween doses of tylenol with codeine, and iburprophen. on day 6 the fevers stopped. On day 7 she couldn't hold any food or drink down for about 4 hours after she woke up, untill her dr got back to me and told me to try benedryl. which worked and she only needed it for day 7. From day 7 until now day 19 she hasn't needed any meds. I haven't noticed her warm at all until today, but she has been complaining about her throat still being sore this whole time never more then once or twice a day so I didnt give her meds for it.. Today she has been acting fine, but was complaining about a sore throat and was very warm so I checked her temp and it was 100.5, I gave her tylenol and about 40 minutes later her fever is down to 100.1. I'm going to message her dr in the morning and try to get her in. but my poor baby has already missed a whole quarter of school. I'm worried and stressed about her health and safety and her education and feel like i'm failing as a parent because I can't protect her.
    please someone reassure me that this is how their child recovered from a T&a or that this sounds normal.
    maybe its just a cold, because she finally went back to school last week maybe she caught a bug right away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply