It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Adults who have ear tubes question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-25-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
    Livella
    (female)

Livella HB User
    Unhappy Adults who have ear tubes question

I am 33, like many my childhood was constant ear infections, I had tubes put in(and tonsils taken out) when I was 6 years old. I continued to still get infections, past few years Its even worse. Fueled by allergies I'm sure, my ears never seem to feel "normal", pressure, muffled, I can't tell how loud I am speaking most of the time it's very embarrassing and aggravating. I finally got in to an ENT right away he pointed out the tube in my left ear had not fallen out!! So for 27 years it stayed in my ear and all the trips I made to the Drs office for ear infections not one caught it. The ENT said he have to knock me out and cut it out of the ear drum, replacing it with another tube. He said it was very rare, less than 5%. I had the procedure this last Monday and since the minute I woke up I have had pain, extreme fullness, like the pressure increased, I hear weird sounds like a drum beating (I know that sounds crazy), its throwing my balance off, someone in another post said they can hear themselves...I'm exp that as well. My right ear which recieved a tube feels great. Has anyone had this experience...I cant find anything online regarding it. For example ive had heartburn since the procedure and I will burp lightly(sorry that's gross)and it will feel like my ear drum ruptured its a sharp pain... Horrible!! Please anyone that has any advice I'd love to hear it. Also my post op appt is next week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    ears, ent discomfort, tubes