It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• ear problem

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
    coggins
    (male)

coggins HB User
    Cool ear problem

hello everyone! i have this problem with my ears and was wondering if anyone else has this or if its just me.

When i was 5 years old, i discovered that you could pop your ears by holding your nose and blowing. I was so fascinated that i did this constantly. One day i woke up and realized that whenever i swalloed my saliva, food, drinks, etc. that I could hear a crackling noise in my ears. I also developed this wierd ability to make my ears crackle/pop whenever by like doing this weird movement with my mouth. When ever i do this movement my adams apple moves and theres a spot below my ear that goes inwards. Now this may sound wierd, but it gets even wierder. The crackling in my ears is like rolling a dice. It can either enhance my hearing, diminish my hearing, or leave it unchanged.

Im 18 now and still have this problem. I feel like over the years i have encoountered hearing loss, but im not sure. I would like to know if anyone else has this problem or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: ear problem

I can make mine crackle easily...always have been. Assumed everyone can!!!! Hearing tests are simple so go get one so you'll know if you've done any damage...or and ENT could look and see if there is any visible damage. I have a little in one ear but it was caused by something else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    coggins (05-05-2018)
    Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
    coggins
    (male)

coggins HB User

its quite relieving to hear someone else can make their ears crackle. one question though. does it affect your hearing in any way? like mines sometimes makes everything hard to hear.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yeah,sometimes I have to clear it again....my sister does the same thing....

Old 05-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
    coggins
    (male)

coggins HB User

Thanks for the reply. Its good to know someone has the same struggles I do and that im not alone. Have a good day!

The following user gives a hug of support to coggins:
    Titchou (05-06-2018)
    Reply Reply