It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Problem with tongue

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Problem with tongue

For the past probably half a year I've been having a problem with my tongue that seems to be getting worse. I have a small white patch on the right side in the front that burns so much that it even wakes me up at night. I was to the doctor and he didn't seem too concerned and prescribed something that says "Magic Swizzle" on the bottle, which is a liquid that I'm to swoosh around in my mouth 4 times a day and then swallow when done swooshing. I thought my first dose of it took care of it even though the white patch still remained on my tongue. I told him last week that I'm still having the problem and he prescribed another round of it, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. When I told the dr. about my tongue the first time, I also felt like that spot was a scab on my tongue or that something had gotten attached to it somehow, like a piece of plastic or something. Very annoying, to say the least. Also, I've noticed that every once in awhile I have an area in the bottom of my mouth that burns sometimes too. I wish the doctor would know what's wrong with me and how to treat it. I don't know if anyone else here has ever had this problem or not. It's very frustrating because it really burns and keeps my awake a lot and I can't get a restful sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply