It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• ETD Question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
    BobbyN
    (male)

BobbyN HB User
    ETD Question

Hi all. Iíve come here looking for any kind of help/reassurance. For years Iíve had what seems like general allergies with congestion that Iíve managed with Zyrtec, Flonase and Afrin nasal spray. About 4 months ago I decided to try a Neti pot to see if it would help keep my nose clear. After using it once a day for a week straight my sinuses felt dried out and I got a nose bleed so I stopped using it. From there I developed severe sinus pressure in my nose, cheeks and forehead. After a few days of this pressure I then started feeling ear fullness (not pressure like in an airplane but a feeling of swelling/fullness and slight itchyness). I then started feeling off-balance constantly. Iíve been to multiple doctors and have been on antibiotics, steroid packs, steroid sprays and nothing seems to help. I had an allergy test done with no significant reactions and a ct scan of my sinuses with nothing there either. I also had hearing tests done which were good with no fluid present. Now 4 months in the pressure in my face has gotten better but I still have constant earfullness which makes me feel off-balance still. The worst part of it all is that Iíve developed what seems like anxiety/depression as I donít want to leave the house because whenever Iím out all I can focus on are my symptoms which sends me into an anxiety attack. My ENT now wants to put tubes in my ears and do a balloon dilation to my Eustachian tubes. Iím concerned because if thereís no fluid and my tubes are just inflamed/irritated I donít know how these procedures will help if I still have t nasal congestion that would continue to irritate everything? Has anyone else experienced ETD without fluid and without muffled hearing, popping and cracking? Has anyone had success with tubes and/or balloon dilation? Has anyone had ETD caused by a neti pot? Iím open to the procedures because if thereís any chance of me returning to a normal life I have to try it as Iím miserable daily. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply