It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• post sinus surgery pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-07-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
    redjb7
    (female)

redjb7 HB User
    post sinus surgery pain

I had turbinate reduction and a mucocele removed from the ethmoid sinuses three weeks ago. About a week ago I started to have some headaches and nerve pain in eyes and cheeks and nose. The pain is intermittant and gets worse when it is cold. The cold really hurts my nose. I saw the doc several times and last time (few days ago) he told me I was a little slow to heal, but it would get better. He removed a scab or something from one side he had operated on. I have been flushing, but lately it irritated the sinus, so he said I could go a few days without it. I am steaming, and shooting xlear up my nose a few times a day to keep it moist. After reading about nerve pain, I am worried that this could be permanent. My doc says no. I am almost 70, so maybe my healing is a little slow? Anyone have input?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: post sinus surgery pain

Dear redjb,

I had that procedure done for similar reasons.
    I also later had a scab removed. My experience seems very similar to yours. I am closing in on 70, as well.

For a short time it seemed that the procedure did help, but also in a short time my sinuses went back to exactly as they were before. Maybe there is good cause for the procedure but in my case it seems like quackery.

Now I am keeping a misting machine going in my bedroom at night which seems to relieve the general stuffiness somewhat. I use a tiny dab of Vaseline in my nostrils to alleviate dryness in my nostrils which also seems to help. Maybe some get glowing results but I don't believe the surgery resolved anything at all for me.

Reply Reply