It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Large bump towards front of ear

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-12-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
    kevinla
    Veteran
    (male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
    Large bump towards front of ear

I am seeing an otolaryngologist next week.

I wanted to find out what his might be so I can try some home remedies.

I am 90% sure it is inside my ear. Slight chance it is acne since I have gotten it like this before. It does not look like is on the surface though and can not imagine acne could cause this much pain.

It hurts when I chew or swallow. No pain otherwise. I was thinking Swimmer's Ear possibly. I do not swim but I have been showering sometimes 2x a day due to Covid-19.

I can not say for certain but I do not believe it is a tumor or cyst. This morning I woke up and the bump was significantly larger than last night. Tumors or cysts do not grow that fast.

Just started taking Advil to reduce inflammation and it seems to help a bit. Tried ice as well with same results.

Could I have an infection. I went to an otolaryngologist a few months ago due to ear wax being impacted and there was so much that he could not make it budge. I took an OTC medicine which seemed to clear up the issue. I know the logical conclusion is infection due to ear wax but that was four months ago.

The bump is right next to my cheekbone and front of ear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply