It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Annoying throat problem

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-17-2020, 04:36 AM   #1
    Zetsubou
    (male)

Zetsubou HB User
    Unhappy Annoying throat problem

For two weeks now I have been dealing with something in my throat. My family says it's nothing, so I believe it. Then it never went away until now. Family still says it's nothing and suggested I take an antibiotic that was prescribed for someone else. I didn't take it. I didn't know where it's been.

I am dealing with an itchy and tickly throat and occasional bouts of coughing that comes and goes on during the day. Goes away when I eat and sleep, but for the rest of the day it's there. I've tried everything. A salt water gargle, ginger tea, Betadine gargle, but it doesn't seem to go away or provide the relief I was looking for. Even took an antihistamine for five and nothing. Now, the itchy and tickly sensation is now accompanied by a tightness or a feeling of something in my throat.

What do I have? I wanted to go to the doctors for days now but my family wouldn't let me and I don't know why.

Before you say COVID-19, no, it isn't COVID-19.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Annoying throat problem

Try an otc acid reducer such as Pepcid. Start there and see if it improves. You could have siilent reflux.

q

Reply Reply