It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• I believe I have Throat/Oral Cancer And I'm Afraid And Enraged

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-11-2020, 04:00 AM   #1
    Slaver
    (male)

Slaver HB User
    Angry I believe I have Throat/Oral Cancer And I'm Afraid And Enraged

For the past few months to an increasingly alarming rate, I have intense mouth and adam's apple burning whenever I smoke marijuana (I get legally from my dispensary for medical reasons) or often otherwise for no reason. I also have been breathing really hot air which sounds like lung cancer, but part of my chin and throat burn like absolute crazy for no reason with no end in sight. It's not quite like a sore throat, but feels like I'm swallowing coals. Swallowing also causing a strange hitch in my throat as is usually described with larynx issues.

I'm only 26 and I do not smoke cigarettes but have a history of stomach acid. I do believe I officially have gerd as my hiatal hernia and such have caused me tremendous issues to the point of needing to sleep on an incline and not eat ANYWHERE near bedtime. But this cancer ... I get my ENT to look at me on FRIDAY the 13th. Which is pretty much the most hilariously accurate representation of my luck humanly imaginable. Especially considering my life is 100% non-stop nerve and stomach agony.

I'm afraid but I'm also so angry. Why does this have to happen to me? Believe it or not, besides some kind of otherworldly laryngitis or out-of-nowhere esophagus damage (I'm on meds like Prevacid twice a day already) burn damage that is massively irritated by smoke. What's weird is it comes and goes and only sticks around when I'm smoking. I use a bong mostly but even after about 9-10 hits from my pen, and my throat is killing me. I smoke for pain so I don't want to hear that I'm some junkie. I also smoke to help my mood and such but what the hell, at least I don't use tobacco wraps unless I'm with friends in a blue moon. Damn I'm gonna die huh? If it hurts all over it's not stage-1 anymore probably.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
    thr
    (female)

thr HB User
    Re: I believe I have Throat/Oral Cancer And I'm Afraid And Enraged

The throat thing can be an otherwise off infection, like hsv-1 if you have had cold sores, or as you are on prevacid, unusual symptom. With the earlier, avoiding all foods with amino acids high arginine and low lysine, relief would not be in sight.

What did your ent say?

Best wishes.

Reply Reply

Tags
    cancer