It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Lots of bumps around tonsil area?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
    Pterry97

Pterry97 HB User
    Lots of bumps around tonsil area?

Hi all,

I have been struggling with a persistent cough for near enough 5 years now. I went to my GP a few times but often got dismissed as it being Ďpsychologicalí and that I should talk to my therapist again. After the therapist laughing and saying they obviously canít help with it, and only through their recommendation did my GP finally refer me to a throat clinic.

On a single viewing they immediately saw a small benign cyst beside my tonsil, fi at validating that it wasnít all in my head. They gave me some steroids and sent me on my way.

Unfortunately the steroids didnít help any, and after about a month my throat feels worse. My coughs leave me breathless to the point where I almost pass out, sometimes I cough so hard my nose bleeds. Itís very crippling and frustrating. Water often makes it worse somehow as I feel like Iím choking on it.

Iíve booked myself into the throat clinic again but sadly there is a long waiting list and Iím waiting for them to get back to me, so I wanted to know if others have a similar experience and know what it could be. I tried looking up a bunch of different throat issues to no avail of finding something that looks close.

I tried looking for the benign cyst but Iím going to be honest - thereís a lot of bumps and lumps in the back of my mouth that I donít know whatís normal and whatís not. Hopefully someone can get an idea on whatís up, Iím sick of choking on nothing all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Lots of bumps around tonsil area?

Why not have your tonsils out?

Old 12-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #3
    Pterry97

Pterry97 HB User
    Re: Lots of bumps around tonsil area?

Because itís not my tonsils, itís masses around my tonsils. From my untrained eye it looks like I have more than 4 tonsils, but thatís just comparing what it looks like to healthy tonsils on google images. But my tonsils arenít inflamed or anything.

Reply Reply