It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Silicone mouthguard foreign body

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
    MrUnlucky
    (male)

MrUnlucky HB User
    Silicone mouthguard foreign body

About two years ago, I had been using some small, disposable translucent silicone mouthguards that I bought on the internet to help me with my bruxism, and I woke up with a ringing in my ears and the feeling of a foreign body in my sinuses.

Since then, I have had multiple endoscopies, a CT, an MRI, and a septoplasty/turbinate reduction, and I still have the foreign body sensation. I feel like my doctor isn't listening to me. He's talking about eagle syndrome. It seems logical, based on what I'm feeling, that maybe this silicone mouth guard could be lodged in my tonsils (the tubal tonsils?)

Is there something or someone (literature or a person) I can refer my doctor to in order to help confirm or rule out a silicone mouthguard being caught somewhere in the drainage structures from my sinuses?

I know this is probably very rare, but I might just be very unlucky. As more people get medical devices through the internet, cases like this might also become more frequent

Thank you for any help you can give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply