It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Tonsil Stones

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #376
    olivia33
    (female)

olivia33 HB User
    Re: Tonsil Stones

Try tongue scraping and nasal flushes, every morning and night - they ended stones for me.

Last edited by olivia33; 02-06-2005 at 10:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #377
    rainmaker1357
    (male)

rainmaker1357 HB User

Trying to resurrect this thread, it's been interesting reading.

If I get my tonsils taken out, where does all that bacteria that was in the tonsils go? I assume that the tonsils lead somewhere in the body, right? So would the bacteria be "blocked up" wherever the tonsils are cut out?

I've become quite an expert at sticking my finger back in my throat and pushing the stupid things out. I want this problem gone.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #378
    candycandy
    (female)

candycandy HB User

I read this thread maybe 2 years ago, it's amazing that it's still going! Back then I was looking for answers, too. I realized since then, that I get those nasty stones a short while after my allergies act up. So for me, I conclude that it has to do with post nasal drip. If I have a cold (with particularly bad runny nose), the stones are subsequently worse.

Does anyone else agree with this theory? (my sister doesn't - she thinks its backed up food particles - but then, why aren't they the same color as food? i get food stuck in my teeth all the time, and i can identify it for what it is, whether it be broccoli, chicken, specks of pepper...)

Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #379
    tatiebug
    (female)

tatiebug HB User

I have also experienced tonsil stones. Actually, I am on a deadline so I am writing now hoping I get some answers in just a few days. My story:
    I am 28 years old and this has happened for probably three years now. The only times these come out is whether I am coughing, sucking them out, in a sense, or umm during passionate moments when you really breathe heavier and don't want them coming out? sorry but this is what made me start looking for answers in the first place. Well, I went to an ENT on Wednesday, he agreed that I did indeed have the stones and said that the only surefire way to a remedy would be a tonsillectomy, which he scheduled a WEEK AWAY, so obviously, I have searched and searched for alternatives on here to avoid this procedure. He also said I had tonsilitis, although I had no idea, my throat isn't sore, I don't feel sick, tired. My main concern was bad breathe. I know how badly these things can stink, and I am mainly paranoid over this, my husband is currently in Iraq, but when I asked him if my breathe had stunk, he of course laughs at me and says well no! So, unless his memory has gone, I presume this isn't an issue, although he could just plead the fifth to be nice Anyway, I feel this is kind of drastic measures (tonsillectomy) just to ease my minor discomfort and paranoia, but I would like to have someone else's opinion as well.
    Thank you very much!

Closed Thread