It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Have You Had Tonsillectomy By Laser???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
    go_troops
    (female)

go_troops HB User
    Have You Had Tonsillectomy By Laser???

I spoke with the VP of my company yesterday -- he had heard I was having the surgery to have my tonsils and adenoids out. He said his wife had her tonsils out last year. Said it was a quick procedure, she was awake, in a dentist type chair and they just used lasers to remove the tonsils. He said she "smoked like a dragon!" during it but there was no pain or anything. He even took her to dinner that night -- she was fine! Now I want THAT type of surgery!! Im looking for a doctor who will do it by laser -- if I can find one before Monday I might just cancel the other one (Im suppose to have mine out the 3rd of May). I would much rather not have all the pain for two weeks! Anyone else had it done by laser? I'd love to know more! Any doctors in Washington State that you know of who do tonsillectomy by laser??? Thanks!!!

Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
    Mario21
    Inactive

Mario21 HB User
    Re: Have You Had Tonsillectomy By Laser???

or in chicago area!!!! i'm goin in on May 6th and i need some lasers too

Old 04-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by go_troops
    I spoke with the VP of my company yesterday -- he had heard I was having the surgery to have my tonsils and adenoids out. He said his wife had her tonsils out last year. Said it was a quick procedure, she was awake, in a dentist type chair and they just used lasers to remove the tonsils. He said she "smoked like a dragon!" during it but there was no pain or anything. He even took her to dinner that night -- she was fine! Now I want THAT type of surgery!! Im looking for a doctor who will do it by laser -- if I can find one before Monday I might just cancel the other one (Im suppose to have mine out the 3rd of May). I would much rather not have all the pain for two weeks! Anyone else had it done by laser? I'd love to know more! Any doctors in Washington State that you know of who do tonsillectomy by laser??? Thanks!!!

Jessica
    Hey I recently had my tonsils out man am I glad they are gone. However when I was talking to my ent he said lazers really aren't better for you than just having them done with a bovie and electric caulterizing knife. Actually if you can find a doctor who can take them out using a hormnic scapel that is your best bet it is a new technology that keeps it wet back there and keeps it less painful. It also cuts back on healing time. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
    Ratatosk
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

About 4 years ago, before I had mine removed the old fashioned way, I did a web search on adult tonsillectomy and found a site in Texas. Sounded like people flew in from all over the country to have their tonsils removed and then some would go shopping afterwards before flying home a day or so later. Think it was in Dallas. Heck if I could've found a cheap flight and got a guarantee, I'd have jumped at the chance to do this.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
    go_troops
    (female)

go_troops HB User

This doc that my co-workers wife went to is in Michigan now. If I could get out their easily Id do it!! Im afraid of the surgery!! But the day is coming up really soon and I havent found a different doctor. So I think Im going to just bare it and be a strong person and get the surgery done. I have a great support system and Im sure I will feel so much better just having them GONE!!! If you have anymore leads, please let me know!!!

Jessica

Closed Thread