It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Adult Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy Surgery - Part II

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #331
    Hershey02
    (female)

Hershey02 HB User
    Re: Adult Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy Surgery - Part II

Minmin630, good luck with whatever is going on with you. Wonder whats going on after such a good recovery? Please keep us updated.
    Rajajara1, I was wondering about you today. Today has been my worse day so far. I must be losing scabs because my throat is very sore today. Or maybe its because I had visitors and talked alot yesterday. Anyway, I'm back on my pain meds. Are you eating anything yet? I tried to eat grits this morning which was a BAD idea because I started choking. But this afternoon I did manage some ramen noodles. Hope everyone has a good night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #332
    lilmissy
    (female)

lilmissy HB User
    Unhappy Re: Adult Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy Surgery - Part II

hey everyone,
    well i just had my surgery on wednesday morning. I had a turbinate reduction and tonsillectomy. i was so surprised that in recovery, i didn't feel any pain. i told the doc it was only a 1 or 2. he warned me that it was because he had given me a lot of painkillers and things would get worse. the first night was ok. i just ate a lot of ice chips. but last night was the WORSE and things aren't getting any better. the painkiller burns my throat when i take it. i mentioned it to the doc and he said, there's nothing he can do. and that i can try diluting it. the turbinate reduction didn't hurt much. but my throat is killing me. before it only hurt when i swallowed, but now it hurts all the time, along with my neck and ears. when i swallow, it feels like 10 razor blades are being pushed down my throat and when i'm lying there, it feels like someone has just punched me in the throat. when does this go away? even ice cream burns. i feel miserable. my poor mom...i'm getting super grouchy too b/c i haven't gotten a good nights sleep. i've been waking up every three hours to take my meds. also, i've only been sucking on ice chips and sipping broth for the past two days, yet i've gained 2 pounds. what's going on?
    sorry for complaining so much...i just had to get it out.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #333
    JTodd

JTodd HB User

minmin~
    I checked out the board today for the first time in a long time and was planning on posting almost your EXACT post!!!! I am four weeks post op and my left ear is killing me today! I just took a Tylenol 3 for it! My ENT also checked it out for me on Monday and said everything looked fine. I know he does surgery on Friday's so I couldn't call back. My regular dr doesn't have office hours on Friday so I couldn't get in there. I decided to tough it out until Monday if I can. I can still eat but kind of soft things again. What in the world is this? Please let me know if anyone in the ER found anything.

JTodd

Old 01-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #334
    nlh4msu

nlh4msu HB User

JTODD AND MINMIN-
    I am so sorry to hear that you guys aren't doing well. I am still having a little pain on my left side, but not as severe as yours. I am pretty much back to normal. Please let me know how you 2 are doing. I am hoping that you are both much better!!! Just wanted ya'll to know that I am thinking about you and hoping tomorrow is a better day!!! NLH4MSU

Old 01-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #335
    minmin630
    (female)

minmin630 HB User

Nlh4msu and Hershey02~ Thankyou for asking about me that was very sweet of you. Nlh4msu it is great to hear that you are finally coming along after a rough recovery.

Jtodd~ I too am like you and am a lil over 3 weeks post-op. The Er dr's looked at me and can't figure it out as well. I am in horrible pain I have been crying all day as this is the worse pain I ever experineced. I tried to see my primary care giver but they say that anything related to my throat should be addressed by my ENT. I am getting so fed up because I am not crazy and know there is something going on that isn't right. Well I started spiking a high fever so my mom is gonna call my Ent tomorrow and take me to see him and demand answers as I have been in extreme pain for over a week now. Well when I find out what is wrong I will keep you posted....Hope that they can figure something out so I can sleep....as I am starting to get rundown from not sleeping and working.

Lilmissy~ It hurts the first couple days after surgery and yes the meds can burn but hang in there as it does get better and you will be much happier when you are fully recovered. The grouchiness goes away and don't worry about your mom she will understand about the crankiness. They just feel bad as ur there baby and there is nothing they can do for you! Hang in There it will get better in a few days!

Old 01-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #336
    nlh4msu

nlh4msu HB User

Minmin-
    Maybe you have developed an infection and that is why you are feeling so bad!!! I hope it is something that simple. You may have pushed yourself too much!!! I know you had a pretty easy recovery and were feeling great!!Please let me know what your doc says tomorrow!!! My doc told me the other day that it takes adults a full 6 weeks to feel normal!!! Stay well...Try and get some rest.

Closed Thread