It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• No cause for Post nasal drip

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #16
    olivia33
    (female)

olivia33 HB User
    Re: No cause for Post nasal drip

Busted - My ENT, the best in my city, said to avoid sinus surgery since candida/fungus is the root cause of sinus/post nasal drip/bad breath. This has been scientifically proven recently by researchers, check the web.) He suggested reading The Yeast Connection. Good luck.

Last edited by olivia33; 04-28-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #17
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

You mean candida/fungus on tongue? That's very rare among bad breath sufferers. Most of them have nothing but sinus problems.
    I had a saliva test and they found no candida nor nothing else.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:26 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 AM   #18
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Noptical - You said this is your 5th ENT. Did the other ENT's you visisted say there was something wrong with your sinuses when they looked into your nose with that scope thing?? Your 5th ENT did say you might have chronic sinusitus after you done the X-ray. I'm guessing the other 4 you visited said your sinuses were clean and ok and didn't even send you out to do a X-ray??

Last edited by BUSTED2; 05-01-2006 at 04:16 AM.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #19
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

1&2 said I have nothing (didn't do any tests at all to check for sinusitis just looked into my nostrils) and said that I should change my diet (they pretty much told me not to do what I already don't do) like I'm 60yo or something... (I'm only 18 and on a pretty good diet).
    3rd said that post nasal drip is caused by my deviated septum but told me that I shouldn't be operated unless it really annoys me. I told me it causes me bb but he said no, its just your stress/anxiety little did he know that bb is what causes me all the problems...
    4th said again that PND is caused by my deviated septum and that we should fix it. He just looked into my nose with some light or something, never done any CT scans to see how deviated it is...
    So he fixed my septum (surgery was on 21st march 2006) but still nothing.
    He didn't seem to know anything about bb and he said that I probably don't have anything with my sinuses since I don't have the usual symptoms (constant headache etc). My nose gets blocked from time to time and when I go out the mucus flow gets like 10x more than usual for a few minutes (so much that sometimes I can hardly breath. I'll be having allergy tests soon.
    5th ENT seemed to be the most knowledgable about my issues and we had a few tests done (xray, saliva test, checked my sinuses with an endoscopic camera etc) and I was also on antibiotics for a while. So after doing the allergy test I'm going to visit him again and see what happens. Will keep you updated of course.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:26 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #20
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Well you seem to have the same symptoms as me. I also only have pnd and bb, no headaches or anything. The mucous I usually spit out is white coloured like milk and I can hardly blow my nose either. I'm 18 too, had my septum fixed too on february 9th 2006, but it didn't change anythin. The ENT told me this before the surgery, but I had to try it anyways. I live in Belgium and it looks like no ENT has the real knowledge here to deal with my situation.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Well then you need to find the source of your PND. You need to have a full health check up since you have ruled out sinus infections and allergies. Sometimes health problems come from where you don't expect them.
    Ever heard of iridoscopy/iridology? I recently was told about this and I'm considering doing an iridoscopy too. In a few words, they say that the iris represents the whole body's health and with an iridoscopy they can determine which part's of your body "malfunction". Search the net for it, it may help you.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
    trylon
    (male)

trylon HB User

Hi,
    I thought I would jump in.
    I too suffer from chronic post nasal drip (15 years now), bad breath and chronic
    sore throat from all the mucus running down my throat all day long.
    I went to the ENT twice in the last 9 months.He scoped up my nose
    and down my throat to my vocal cords twice.Says everything looks fine, but my turbinates
    are inflamed, thus causing the PND. I am a smoker who quit a few
    weeks ago, but then again there are smokers who have no PND, so I
    dont know if it was the cause.Just wanted to let you know your not
    alone.There are lots of sufferers out there.My father has it, my mother
    has it, my brother has it and now I have it.Could it be genetic?

Old 05-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #23
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Could be genetic, but I doubt it cause I'm the youngest kid in the family and I'm the only unlucky one. Actually I do not really mind the pnd, but there are people out there who have pnd and don't suffer from bb at all. And i doubt there are millions who suffer from the same problem, cause I would at least have met one so far. I noticed there is a smell coming from my nose too cause in class everyone around me starts coughing. This is madness, if I can't even breath through my nose, I die for sure.

Last edited by BUSTED2; 05-02-2006 at 05:41 AM.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #24
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Yeah me too, I'm the youngest in the familty (18) and the only one who has all these problems.
    Yes there's usually a smell from the nose (have your sinuses checked again by another ENT, did you have a CT scan?). And yes, many people who have PND don't have bb. I read somewhere that when you have a sinus infection, mucous gets mixed with pus and runs down your throat and mouth and thus causing you bb.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-03-2006, 05:46 AM   #25
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Yes done the ct-scan, only showed that I had a small deviuated septum. I kinda had to ask my ENT if I could do one, he kept saying it wasn't neccesary and I don't have an infection. I doubt that CT-scans are 100% reliable. But yeah I can't seem to convince any ENT that there's something wrong with my post nasal drip. He doesn't really want to help me cause the last time I visited him he wanted me to go away and he was ****** that I asked him to do a CT-scan and the results didn't show any infection.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #26
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Screw him, he's clueless. Go find another one.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #27
    crossmyheart<3
    (female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

I completely know what you mean and how you are feeling. Gosh I mean when I walk by people in the hallway or when I get close to someone I have to hold my breath. Post nasal drip is so lame. I know it's my problem and causing my bad breath and so far I haven't had much luck... I'm getting tested for allergies soon (I hope). There's no way I'm going to go another year like this... I won't do it. I will definetly die if not from being deprived of oxygen. lol.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 AM   #28
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Yea i wish there was someone I could talk that understands what I'm goin through. I don't mean someone on the internet but just in real life. I don't get any support at all. I can't stand the fact that everyone around me is having a normal life and I have to keep my mouth shut all day. I know they just don't give a **** about me. I'll definately go crazy if this keeps goin on for another month or two.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-13-2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: needless quote clogging the thread - please use the reply button instead

Old 05-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #29
    noptical
    (male)

noptical HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSTED2
    I'll definately go crazy if this keeps goin on for another month or two.
    It will keep going if YOU let it keep going. Instead of reading this post you should be looking for a new ENT

Old 05-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #30
    crossmyheart<3
    (female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSTED2
    Yea i wish there was someone I could talk that understands what I'm goin through. I don't mean someone on the internet but just in real life. I don't get any support at all. I can't stand the fact that everyone around me is having a normal life and I have to keep my mouth shut all day. I know they just don't give a **** about me. I'll definately go crazy if this keeps goin on for another month or two.
    Yeah same here I wish there was someone around here I could talk to. I wish I had just about anything but this. My ENT doctor has helped me but we haven't found any solution. I don't think my family takes this seriously my dad knows everything, why he doesn't seem to help me, support me, I don't know but this is all very deppressing maybe he doesn't know how severe it is. I'm changing my diet completely. I don't think it will help but I'm going to have faith. I'm going to trust God is going to help me with this.

Closed Thread