It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Adult Tonsillectomy - Guide for Friends and Family

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 PM   #166
    kursndax
    (male)

kursndax HB User
    Re: Adult Tonsillectomy - Guide for Friends and Family

well i am just finishing up day 8 and the last 2 days have been like heaven, i hadn't really takin any pain killers but 1 during the day

there is no more sharp hell pain, there is just a slight pain swollowing stuff still but compared to the previous pain its nothing

if i start to have anymore pain after this i will be so angry

well i am starting to eat small things, my taste buds are starting to come back, foods that are spicey make my tongue on fire so i stay away from that, i tried to eat that beef barrito today and only got to half of it. i ate carrots and they tasted normal

everyone is telling me i lost weight so i am happy about that cause i needed it, i think i got more healthy since i hadn't eatin much, i got high blood preassure

the white stuff on my tongue are coming off so i am happy about that too, that white crap i think is whats making everything taste so bad cause its covering the taste buds, they are just coming off, you can actually pull em off but from eating and i brushed my tongue a little bit it comes off.

one thing I can say to drink is ensure vanilla flavor, even thought I couldn't eat that stuff still tastes good. It was kinda hard to take down cause it was so cold and cold really does a number on the pain, but I drank that instead of eating cause it says its just like a meal and it didn't taste like crap

I still have white scabs on my uvula and throat but I assume they are coming off

one thing i don't like lately is I have been coughing and it hurts to cough, sometimes I think its the scabs falling off and irritating my throat and makes me cough

As far as the water goes, at first you want cold water and ice then that starts to hurt so I have been drinking bottle water at room temp and not from the fridge and that seems to help

So now all I want is the scabs to go away, the white stuff on my tongue to go away and the bad breath taste to be gone and i'll be so happy

I tried a humidifer but not sure it worked and it was kinda far from my bed, i think if you get one of those portable ones next to you when you sleep might keep you moist and might not wake up with dry morning throat torture.

I got 2 full weeks off from work so hopfully this next week will be smooth sailing and more like a vacation instead of being tortured

so everyone still going thru it hang in there one day you will wake up and your day will be like heaven all of a sudden

The Following User Says Thank You to kursndax For This Useful Post:
    fourbluesixpink (10-27-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread