It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• what should i expect? Chronic sinititus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
    crazyladi99
    (female)

crazyladi99 HB User
    what should i expect? Chronic sinititus

I was told by my GP that I had Chronic sinititus and I am being sent to and ENT sept 13th. These are my issues I have had a blocked ear for almost 10 yrs now. It started when i had some crackling in my ear with different pitched sounds. i find it comes with temperature changes, That is what I am thinking because it started in the summer. I got a tube put into my ear i have no idea why. i have post nasal drip, miagraines that i am hospitalized for ear blockage, and nausea. I was put on 6 different antibiotics and none of them worked, plus flonase and another nasal antibiotic. I do the sinus rinse and still i feel pain and I am sick. What is the problem?? When i first did the rinse i felt a blockage, plus I have a hard time breathing through my nose, always have.. anythign would be great

Last edited by crazyladi99; 08-14-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: what should i expect? Chronic sinititus

From one chronic sinus sufferer to another. I tried medication... and allergy shots... and the bilateral turboplasty first suggested by my ENT, but that all has not prevented having to stay on antibiotics 7-9 months out of the year. Finally after all routes have been evaluated I am going to have my tonsils and adnoids removed... which are excessively large and still present after 31 years... and sinus windows inserted in all of my sinus cavities to allow for my sinuses to drain. I look forward to this surgery, because it is my last ditch effort to be well. I wish you the best, and feeling normal is worth a little temporary pain.
    MG

Last edited by mkgb; 08-16-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Closed Thread