It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• fatigue and balance problems after ear pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
    cool777
    (male)

cool777 HB User
    fatigue and balance problems after ear pain

About two weeks, I woke up feeling very dizy and having balance and unsteadiness problems. I went to the ER, the doctor did a thorough blood work and EKG that all came back ok. he told me that these feelings will go away with time, to my surprise, they didn't. 4 days after that, I started feeling some pain in my left ear (sensation of fullness, itchy ans stabbing light pain), went back to the ER and was prescribed antibiotics (Azythromycin) and ear drop (Neomycin) that I rtook eligiously for 5 days. The balance issue has improved a little bit and the ear pain disappeared completely. I never had any hearing problem. The problem I' having now is that sometimes I'm extremely tired to the point where I sometimes need to go take a nap in my car. these fatigue episodes will last for about 20 minutes and vanished, my legs will become heavy, I'll just feel very weak. I feel heavy and have a generalized feeling of body fatigue with muscle weakness especially in my legs. I don't know if this is due to perhaps the lingering "active" virus or something else. This fatigue limits me more than the unsteadiness at times. Has anyone else felt these symptoms? Your thoughts? Please help, I have another appointment tomorrow with my PCP. The funny part is that, my work out routine has not changed (Threadmidll = at least 45 minutes at speed > 6 and biking = 40 minutes for each work out section) and haven't ran out of breath while working out

Last edited by cool777; 10-17-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread