It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Sore throat and difficulty swallowing?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
    hlowrie
    (female)

hlowrie HB User
    Sore throat and difficulty swallowing?

Well this is about my husband. About 3 weeks ago, he came down with some type of cold or flu. He had a sore throat, trouble swallowing, mild fever and some congestion with some mild ear pain and cough. He was down and out for about a week. He went and got some antibiotics. After the first 4 days on the antibiotics he did not get any better. He then had to go back to the doctor for more anitbiotics. For about a week he started feeling better. I then got his "cold" that he had. It took me about a week to get better. I didn't even go for any antibiotics and I am pregnant and got over it fine. Once I was over it all the sudden he was sick again, with a sore throat and trouble swallowing with a mild cough. He went back to the Dr. again 4 days ago. He was put on a stronger antibiotic. For the first 2-3 days he felt alot better. Now it's been about 5 days on this antibiotic and he says his sore throat is back, and the trouble swallowing. I am at my wits end. I am about to have our baby any day now and I am just scared of what it going on with him. He thinks he has throat cancer, I am leaning more towards tonsillitis. What do you guys think? Does this sound like any symptoms you have had before. I really need some advice because he is gonna take 2 weeks off of work for when the baby comes and he made need to save the time for himself if he has to have his tonsils removed. Please any advice would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
    jillbean22
    (female)

jillbean22 HB User
    Re: Sore throat and difficulty swallowing?

I had a similiar situation (constant sore throat, clear up and then recur, etc). My situation was over several months though not weeks. I would suggest seeing an ENT sooner than later. I saw an ENT and immediately she said I needed my tonsils out. So, I think an ENT will know what they are seeing more efficiently than a general practioner. My GP was reluctant to refer me, so I went on my own and glad that I did.

Hope that helps.

Closed Thread